ESS 1868 and AudioDrive
Contributed by: Sergey Zharsky
This tip is valid for: Both BeOS and Haiku
If your ESS ES1868-based card is silent after installing BeOS, don’t despair. You should be able to get the card working with the steps below.
- Download the AudioDrive drivers from BeBits.
- Go into Preferences | Devices and find the item “ISA PNP Devices”.
- Under that item you should find some ESS- related entries.
- Pop up the “Config” dialog for every item in this entry and disable (by selecting corresponding “Disable” item in configuration menu) “devices” which have no IRQ & DMA allocated. You should end up with one or two devices active.
- Install the drivers downloaded in step 1.
Posted in Audio & Video
(comments are closed).